Today, I will share something a bit… lighter?
I am the Queen of Sweet Potatoes! Or at least I like to think so.
I just made my delicious and super simple herbed sweet potatoes, and it is always so hard to save some for later.
That’s how good they are.
Luckily, they are also super easy to make so it’s not a tragedy if I eat them all.
Well… maybe for my waistline.
But the good thing is that, eating sweet root veggies such as sweet potatoes is a great way to curve cravings for sweets of the unhealthy variety.
Add them to your diet, and you will see your sugar cravings decrease.
So, without further ado…
Super Easy Herbed Sweet Potatoes
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 1 hour
1 lb Organic sweet potatoes or yams
3-4 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
Salt and organic herb mix (oregano, rosemary, thyme) to taste
1) Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2) While the oven heats, wash sweet potatoes thoroughly and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks, leaving the skin on.
3) Place potatoes onto baking tray (I use a glass one), salt them, and drizzle the olive oil on them.
4) Get your hands in there and make sure every piece of potato is well coated in the oil.
5) Once the oven reaches the desired temperature, place the tray inside and set a timer (or alarm clock) for 30 minutes. You don’t have to stand around the kitchen!
6) After the 30 minutes have passed, take the tray out and shift the potatoes around so they are evenly cooked. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
7) Once the 15 minutes are over, take the tray out once again and cover potatoes with the herb mix. Don’t skimp! Set timer for another 15 minutes.
8) At the end of the hour, check to see if your potatoes are the way you like them. Personally, I enjoy them crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. You might want to take them out sooner or later.
Let me know what you think in the comments. Or perhaps you have another favorite way you prepare this delicious vegetable? Please share!
- Healthy snack for work – Sweet potato chips! (rfmh411.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad (savortherainbow.wordpress.com)